Headquarter: Chemical Industry Park, Economic Development Zone,  JiNan City,  ShanDong Province, China.

Phone +86-152 8958 7728

Angela@BlueSkytcca.com

LANXESS Oxone – Pool and spa – Lanxess

Although we are a global operating company we would like you to feel that we are only around the corner – just a few clicks away.
We systematically evaluate the sustainability of our portfolio and consider sustainability criteria in the development of products and applications. We have long-term relationships with our customers, drive innovation together and help them to make their business sustainable.
In our image database you will find selected press photos on various topics.
LANXESS will be climate neutral by 2040. We are pursuing this target in an ambitious and forward-looking manner by reducing greenhouse gas emissions and introducing process and technology innovations.
SUGGESTIONS
Quicklinks
Pool and spa
Oxone™ monopersulfate compound is a powerful shock oxidizer for swimming pools and spas. 
Crystal clear water is a top priority of pool and spa owners. Oxone™ monopersulfate compound, when used weekly as a preventative shock oxidizer treatment in conjunction with your regular pool or spa water maintenance, helps to keep your water sparkling clear, while reducing odors and irritants. Oxone™ oxidizing shock has been widely used in swimming pools and spas since the 1970s. Today Oxone™ monopersulfate compound is the most widely used non-chlorine oxidizer for pools and spas on the US market.
When properly used as part of your pool or spa water treatment system, Oxone™ chemistry offers numerous benefits:

Helps to keep your water crystal clear.
Many contaminants from swimmers and the environment can accumulate and cause your pool or spa to become dull, cloudy and unattractive. Regular weekly shock oxidation with Oxone™ monopersulfate compound maintains sparkle and clarity by oxidizing organic contaminants such as sweat, urine, sunscreen, wind-blown debris, etc. Once oxidized, contaminant particles combine more readily into larger particles that are easily removed by the pool filter. This process of oxidation, flocculation and filtration is the underlying workhorse that removes contaminants, keeping the water sparkling clear.

Reduces odors and irritation.
The harsh smell from some swimming pools, especially indoor pools, is caused by chloramines. Chloramines (often called combined chlorine) are formed when the chlorine “combines” with ammonia or organic matter in the water. Chloramines come in many forms, some of which migrate into the air space and create strong, chlorine-like odors, while others remain in the water. Chloramines can cause eye and skin irritation, which is a common complaint among swimmers. Using products containing Oxone™ oxidizing shock regularly helps to remove organic contaminants before they can react with chlorine to form chloramines. This means more enjoyable swimming without burning eyes, irritation and chloramine odors. The pool industry is beginning to recognize that too much chlorine can be detrimental, and this new thinking is creating opportunities to improve pool water quality and reduce swimmer irritation.

Treat and swim in 15 minutes.
Superchlorination raises chlorine concentrations above most acceptable upper limits, and swimming is not recommended until the chlorine concentration returns to safe levels. With chlorine “shock treatment” you must wait until the chlorine level falls to 4 ppm  and this can take hours.
Chlorine-free supplemental oxidizers containing 
Oxone™ monopersulfate compound provide useful oxidation without raising chlorine concentrations, so you only need to wait for the product to dissolve and spread through the water before swimmers can return to the pool. This is a high value benefit in residential pools, but can be just as important in public pools, as there will be less downtime and more time to enjoy the pool. Therefore, when the pool or spa is not in use, simply disperse Oxone™ monopersulfate compound into your pool or spa and circulate the water for 15 minutes. Oxone™ powder dissolves quickly and completely, and will mix rapidly with pool water.

Reduces chlorine usage.
Chlorine should be used where it adds value, but the practice of over-applying chlorine should be eliminated where it causes problems. The goal is to have better, more responsible use of chlorine. Adding a chlorine-free, supplemental oxidizer containing Oxone™ monopersulfate compound to the treatment program for regular oxidation is an easy way to reduce the total amount of chlorine used to treat the pool. Such a program provides useful oxidation without raising chlorine and may dramatically reduce chloramines, chloramine odors and irritation. Because Oxone™ chemistry helps to reduce and remove organic contaminants, the chlorine applied for sanitation is free to sanitize the pool.  This allows the sanitizer to work with less impediments from excess organic soil load and non-bacterial contaminants.

Some chlorine products, including dichlor and trichlor, contain cyanuric acid to stabilize the chlorine. Since Oxone™ monopersulfate compound does not contain cyanuric acid, it will not raise your cyanuric acid ‘stabilizer concentration’.

Routine use of calcium hypochlorite will increase the calcium concentration in the pool. Oxone™ monopersulfate compound does not contain calcium and will not increase the calcium level in the pool.

Salt water chlorine generators are a popular choice for many pool operators. With salt water systems chlorine does not need to be purchased because chlorine is generated right in the pool. However, oxidation of the organic contaminants is still necessary. Most manufacturers suggest oxidation at least once per week. Salt water chlorine generators are usually equipped with a “shock mode” to temporarily increase chlorine output. However, the down side of using the chlorine generator “shock mode” may include:
These issues can be avoided by using Oxone™ monopersulfate compound. A weekly treatment of 120 grams of Oxone™ product per 10,000 litres will replace using “shock mode” on the generator. Using Oxone™ monopersulfate compound in a salt water pool will help to keep the water sparkling, save wear and tear on the expensive generator, and get you back in the water quickly.

Recent years have seen a shift away from chlorine shock toward non-chlorine based products. In a US consumer research survey in 2010, 75% of respondents reported using chlorine shock products. However, in a follow-up survey conducted in 2015, the number of respondents reporting use of chlorine shock was down to 65%. Conversely, the number of respondents reporting use of non-chlorine shock oxidizer was up from 15% in 2010 to 22% in 2015.

Oxone™ is our active ingredient in non-chlorine oxidizing shock products designed for use in swimming pools. If you have ever used a non-chlorine shock oxidizer there is a very good chance you have used our Oxone™, also specified as potassium monopersulfate or potassium peroxymonosulfate in the ingredient statement.

You can also ask your local retail pool professional for non-chlorine shock oxidizing products or Oxone™ based shock oxidizer. 

Make Weekly shock oxidation with Oxone™ monopersulfate compound part of the program
Adding a shock oxidizer to the pool water each week during the peak season is the very essence of “easy pool care”, and it’s easier and less expensive than combatting problems after they start. The advantages of regular shock oxidation with Oxone™ monopersulfate compound include reducing contaminants (the cause of odor and irritation), clarifying water, and preventing problems before they start (like cloudy water and algae). With this easy-to-use treatment, pool water can be swim-ready in just 15 minutes after application, so swimmers can get back in the water fast.

As with any product, use of Oxone™ monopersulfate compound in a given application must be tested (including field testing, etc.) by the user, in advance, to determine suitability.

source

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

*